Phase One – Basic Mentor Qualification
Veterans interested in completing mentor training and qualifying as a Veteran Mentor should be prepared to do the following
- Participate in a face-to-face interview with the Veterans Court Mentor Coordinator.
- Observe a session of Veterans Court and participate in an interview with a veteran in the justice system.
- Self-schedule and participate in the Navigator Course (3 hrs) conducted by the Arizona Coalition of Military Families; apply on the Arizona Coalition website.
• The Navigator course additionally provides an excellent opportunity to network with other veteran supporters.
• The Arizona Coalition of Military Families will provide a certificate of completion, checklists, and other useful material.
4. Successful completion of all of the above and recommendation by the Veterans Court Mentor Coordinator will allow the volunteer to begin serving in that particular Court.